Tuesday, 21 Nov 2017
|
|
|
|
MY HANOI

School Milk Program to be launched in Hanoi

Updated at Friday, 07 Jul 2017, 16:39
The Hanoitimes - The Hanoi People’s Committee has just granted the Announcement No. 664/TB-UBND on stating the conclusion of the leaders of Hanoi People’s Committee on implementing the School Milk Program to enhance nutritional status, contributing to improving the stature of elementary and preschool children for the 2017 - 2020 period in the area.
 
Accordingly, the Hanoi People’s Committee agreed with the policy on implementing the School Milk Program of the Department of Education and Training so as to improve the nutritional status, contributing to enhancing the stature of elementary and preschool children for the 2017 - 2020 period in the Capital city. 


 

Basically, the program closely follows the directions of the Prime Minister at the Decision No. 1340/QD-TTg on the School Milk Program to improve nutritional status, contributing to increasing stature of elementary and preschool children by 2020 and other directions of Ministries of Education and Training, Health at the Official Letter No. 141/BGDDT-CTHSSV dated January 16, 2017, the Document No. 7125/BYT-BM-TE dated August 28, 2016.
 
The program aims at improving and enhancing Vietnamese children’s stature and intelligence, contributing to reducing malnutrition among Vietnamese children, particularly those in rural and mountainous areas. To effectively implementing the program, the Municipal People’s Committee assigned the Department of Education and Training to take prime responsibility and cooperate with relevant departments, sectors and units to take opinions of students’ parents about the need, price and quality of milk.

Based on the direction of the Prime Minister, Ministries of Education and Training, Health are responsible for sympathizing feedbacks of students’ parents and implementation experiences of provinces, cities; signing commitments with milk supply enterprises on quality, origin, price, how to drink and preserve milk, supervision methods and setting up reports with clear scientific basis; setting up the plan on supporting capital resources with 30% of the total cost of the program from the city’s budget, 20% from enterprises and 50% from donations of students’ parents; implementing a policy that the city and enterprises will fund the cost of milk for the poor, ethnic minorities, policy beneficiary families; completing the project program and giving a report to the Hanoi People’s Committee and then submitting to Standing Commissions of the Party Committee and the People’s Council for its approval so as to implement the program  from the 2017-2018 school year.

​Meanwhile, the Department of Finance is tasked to give specific opinions of capital resources for the implementation and then send them to the Department of Education and Training to sum up and report to the Hanoi People’s Committee.
Nguyen Ngan
Others:
Thiết kế web: OnIP™