Saturday, 21 Jan 2017
|
|
|
|
TRAVELATTRACTIONS

Foreign tourists to Hanoi increase by 34% during New Year 2017 holiday

Updated at Tuesday, 03 Jan 2017, 15:54
The Hanoitimes - The number of travelers to Hanoi increased strongly during the New Year 2017 holiday from December 31, 2016 to January 2, 2017, according to the city`s Tourism Department.
 
 Hanoi Department of Tourism holds a ceremony to warmly welcome the first foreign visitor to Hanoi in 2017.
Hanoi Department of Tourism holds a ceremony to warmly welcome the first foreign visitor to Hanoi in 2017.
The number of international visitors to the city is estimated to reach over 54,000 arrivals, up 34% over the same period in the holiday. International visitors stayed in Hanoi were more than 38,000 passengers, a growth of 34% compared to last year, while domestic tourists reached 153,300 arrivals, an increase of 9% over the same period last year.
The total visitors were 206,637 arrivals, up 15% over the same period in 2016. The revenues from Hanoi's tourism reached 644 billion VND, up 16% over the same period in 2016.

 
Photo for illustration
Photo for illustration

Particularly, on January 1, the city welcomed over 18,000 international tourists, an increase of 51% over the same period in 2016. About 58,300 domestic visitors came to Hanoi on the day, up 10% over the same period last year. The total visitors to the city reached 76,634 arrivals, up 18% over the same period, gaining 232 billion VND in revenue, up 28% against the previous year.
The hotels in the city maintained stable operations to serve tourists during the New Year 2017, the average room occupancy reached 56.02%.
The main international markets with the largest number of tourists coming to Hanoi include: China, Republic of Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, the US, France, Australia.
During the holiday, operations of tourism accommodation establishments were good and safe. In addition, the city continued to promote the safety of food hygiene.
Notably, on January 1, Hanoi Department of Tourism held a ceremony to warmly welcome the first foreign visitor to Hanoi in 2017.
A German passenger on Vietnam Airlines’ flight VN36,  which landed at the Noi Bai International Airport in the morning of January 1, was the first foreign visitor to set foot in Hanoi in 2017.
Thomas Bauche and his wife were greeted with musical performance and gifts presented by representatives of local agencies.
During the ceremony, President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan delivered a welcome greeting in German.
Thomas Bauche said this is the second time he has visited Vietnam. Besides Hanoi, they planned to go to Hoi An, HCM City and the southwest region.
Bauche said he and his wife will stay in Vietnam for three weeks.
According to Do Dinh Hong, Director of Hanoi Department of Tourism, in 2017, the city will focus on promoting cultural products, local festivals, trade villages, MICE tours and sports tourism.
 
 
Translated by Thu Minh
Source: Hong Hanh-Kinhtedothi.vn
Print pageSend to friend Share on facebook  Share on twitterCommentView comment
Others:
Thiết kế web: OnIP™